L IC AAO: The full form of LIC AAO ( LIC AAO Qualification ) is Life Insurance Corporation Assistant Administrative Officer. It is a national level examination for the recruitment of officers to various posts. It is conducted once a year to recruit aspiring candidates to various posts. The examination is conducted in two languages English and Hindi. The recruitment process has three stages. The first stage is Prelims which will have objective type multiple-choice based questions. The second stage is Mains which will have Descriptive type questions. Third and final stage is the personal interview.
About Life Insurance Corporation: Life Insurance Corporation of India or LIC India is a public sector insurance and investment company with more than 3000 offices and INR 16 Lakh Crore managed assets. Constituted by an Act of Parliament, it is headquartered at Mumbai, India. It was established on 1st September 1956 with the sole purpose of providing insurance to every citizen of India. It now employs nearly 1,14,000 employees and has 6 subsidiaries including IDBI Bank. LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India) is an autonomous body which conducts this exam.
There are certain criteria set by the conducting authority for the candidates to appear for the LIC AAO exam. If the candidates do not satisfy or qualify these mentioned criteria, then they will not be eligible for the LIC AAO exam.
LIC AAO Qualification
The eligibility criteria are set on the basis of educational qualification, age limit, nationality and other factors as discussed below. It is important for all the candidates to go through the criteria before registering for the LIC AAO Application Form.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate’s age must be between 21 years and 30 years as on March 1, 2020.
- There will be relaxation for the candidates who belong to the reserved category.
Upper Age Relaxation
|Physically Handicapped (General)||10 Years|
|Physically Handicapped (SC/ST)||15 Years|
|Physically Handicapped (OBC)||13 Years|
|ECO/SSCO (General)||5 Years|
|ECO/SSCO (SC/ST)||10 Years|
|ECO/SSCO (OBC)||8 Years|
|LIC Employees(Confirmed)||Additional 5 Years|
- Candidates must have a bachelor degree’s or a master’s degree in any discipline from a University/ Institute recognized by the Parliament or State Legislature.
- For the post of AAO in different fields such as AAO(IT), AAO (Legal), AAO (CA), AAO (Actuarial) and AAO (Rajbhasha), candidates must have the degree in that specialization
- A Master’s degree or higher is not a mandatory qualification to apply, except for the post of AAO Rajbhasha.